Monday, May 12, 2014

Cupcake Chic at Avenue K

Anyone loves cakes? I surely do. 

I like the icing on the cupcakes very much! Fall in love with icing ever since I first tried it when I was in primary school.

Apparently, Cupcake Chic's outlet at The Curve is quite famous. I think they used to have outlets in Sunway Pyramid and Ampang Point but for now, The Curve and Avenue K are the only 2 outlets around KL and another outlet at KKIA.

This is how their Avenue K outlet looks like. It's really small plus there are no seats at all. I was expecting some nice environment where people can enjoy their cupcakes and macarons. A bit disappointed with that.

Get this picture from www.hungrygowhere.my


So I went with Groupon's cash vouchers (yes again haha). RM20 cash voucher for RM10 only but this time I bought 2 vouchers haha (I know I need more cupcakes). 

4 cupcakes cost RM22 (RM5.50 each), 5 macarons cost RM20 (RM4 each). So I added another RM2 as the total was RM42 (excluding the drink).

Cupcakes were really yummy. I ordered red velvet and something chocolate, my friend ordered peach and mint (She liked the peach one very much, the one with almonds on. She said it was the nicest peach cupcake that she ever had). 

The icing was creamy and sweet, the chocolate flavoured cake was a bit crunchy and I liked that (unlike some cupcakes it's just plain).  

For the macarons, there were 2 green tea, 1 earl grey, 1 coconut, and 1 black sesame. Coconut one was nice but I like the black sesame one, rich sesame taste.


However, I feel that both the cupcakes and macarons are a bit expensive because I can get nicer macarons with the same price or with even lower price. 

Why do I say that? It's because the macarons are not very big in size and the filling didn't reach the edge of the shells. When I eat or buy macarons, I look at its filling first. The filling should be as thick as the size of the shell, reach the edge of the shells, and it's even. 

This is how it should be, just like the picture. www.TheMacaronMaster.com


Another thing is that my friend and I had to use the bench that was placed at the corridor (because they don't have any seats). It felt weird as people who passed by look at us while we were eating. 

Unless you can't wait to taste it, I suggest you to take away and enjoy it at home or what. Anyway, their cupcakes are nice, worth a try if you are a cake lover.

Location: UC-3A, Upper Concourse Level (nearby Ah Cheng Laksa and 7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment