Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Myung Ga Korean Restaurant at Kepong

Hi everyone. =)

Today's review is Myung Ga Korean Restaurant.

My friends and I bought Groupon vouchers for this. 1 set meal for 2 people for RM25; we saved RM95. Since it was quite cheap, we decided to try it.



The interior of the shop. We wanted to take the tatami seats but it was reserved. =(



These were the sets for Groupon vouchers. 1 set for 2 persons. We had 4 persons so we chose Set A and Set B.

Set A was pork, Set B was chicken.


Sorry that I didn't get to snap pictures of the menu as they only gave us these 2 to view.

I guess their normal price is quite expensive as each set worth RM120 (Can't believe it's so expensive right? I suspect it's only worth RM60-RM80 for each set).


As we had 2 sets, they were supposed to give us 2 sets of side dishes at the same time. We asked for another set of side dishes for a few times but those waiters just said 'okay' and that's it.

In the end, they ended up refilling it in the same plates. I don't like their attitude. If it was stated 2 sets then they had to bring us 2 sets at the same time; not refill. 

Anyway, the first plate of kimchi was nice. Not too spicy, not too sour. However, the second plate tasted sour and I didn't like it.

Besides the kimchi, the plate of long beans beside it was nice too. It looked red so it should be very spicy right? Nope. Not spicy at all and very nice to eat. My friend liked it too.


Pork meat in Set A. 

Like other Korean bbq, the pork meat was hard. Is it that difficult to look for juicy, tender and soft pork meat?


Tteokbokki (korean rice cake) in Set A.

I liked this as it was not very spicy, just nice. Most of the tteokbokki that I had before was toooo spicy!


The chicken meat in Set B.

I still prefer bbq chicken over bbq pork. It's more juicy and soft. This chicken meat was nice.


Noodles in Set B.

Noodles was okay, soup was nice and not spicy.


Kimchi jigae (kimchi soup) was in both Set A and B.

It was very spicy! I liked the generous amount of glass noodles though. I love glass noodles, especially fried glass noodles. Yumm!


Location:

No. 20 Jalan Metro Perdana Timur 2, Taman Usahawan Perdana Kepong, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment